Amber as alternative medicine. Benefits to health
Amber stone is not strictly speaking a stone at all, but is a fossilized resin. Beautiful jewelry made from it resembles gemstones, so it is sold as a gem stone. It is popular as it has marvelous metaphysical properties for psychic protection. Baltic amber in particular additionally contains a substance called succinic acid. When worn on the skin, body heat causes Baltic amber to release an oil containing succinic acid, which if absorbed into the skin, might act like a natural Ibuprofen, blocking pain and reducing inflammation. Amber is not classified as medicine – it's used in alternative medicine.
It is a powerful healer that gives the person who wears it a lovely sense of health and healing. It's believed, that physically Amber helps with the organs of elimination, including the liver, kidneys, bladder, and stomach. Also a stone of the Throat Chakra, in alternative medicine Amber can help with laryngitis and goiter. Baltic amber has centuries of history with traditional medicine in Europe, and more recently the use of amber for teething relief has become popular in many other parts of the world.
As a source of traditional healing that has been passed on through generations, the amber teething necklace stands out as an unparalleled example of alternative medicine with proven health benefits for homeopathic relief. Comfortable, lightweight, and very beautiful, amber is radiant with energies of peace and calm to those who wear it. Most of the unique and amazing properties of Baltic amber is that it offers a natural, drug-free alternative to the relief of teething pain in children. Its analgesic and anti-inflammatory properties make it ideal as a natural homeopathic product for children and adults.
It is believed, that for babies and toddlers, the amber teething necklaces helps:
• Boost the immune system
• Reduce inflammation (especially in the gums)
• Accelerate the natural healing process
• Alleviate teething pain
• Provide calming effects without the use of drugs
• Serve as a natural pain killer (reduce or eliminate pain associated with teething, headaches, joint stiffness, etc.)
• Have been known to treat discomfort linked to throat, ear and stomach irritations, as well as fevers and colds.
Amber is beneficial for adults too
The warmth from the skin releases the active ingredient in the Baltic Amber, succinic acid, a resin, which is absorbed into the bloodstream. Recent scientific research has proved that succinic acid has a very positive influence on the human body by helping to improve immunity and the balance of acids when absorbed into the bloodstream.
• Amber helps to balance the emotions, clear the mind and release negative energy. It aids manifestation, eases stress by clearing phobias and fears, and it‘s a lovely warm stone to wear.
• Is known to imbue the body with vitality and has the strength to draw disease out of the body by absorbing pain and negative energy
• Treats the throat, stomach, spleen, kidneys, bladder, liver, and gallbladder, alleviates joint problems, and strengthens the mucus membranes
• Is an excellent natural antibiotic as an elixir and for wound healing
• Helps with emotional calming and centering
• Is an excellent grounding crystal
• Radiates a warm and bright energy, aids the abdomen, bladder, blood, eyes, kidneys, stomach, tissue revitalization, throad, liver and joint problems.
Every organism and every human being is different and body reaction to medicine is different as well, so amber as alternative medicine might not be beneficial to everyone or work on each person, the only clear thing is that Amber doesn't have any side effects